A poster going by the name, Freakwave003, has posted on the Gamefaqs boards the first details about the upcoming PS3 action-adventure, God of War III. He says his source is the currently unreleased GameInformer issue. Last night in LA, there was a GOW III event, but all the major sites have an embargo until Friday morning. This is what Freakwave had to say :
– Unlike God of War 1 and 2 where there are only 15 enemies on screen, there will now be around 50 this time.
– You can ride monsters like the Cyclops and “control”.
– Kratos on the PS2 used 5,000 polygons, now he uses 20,000.
– They made the weapons “better” so it adds more variety. Like with a different weapon, you don’t get just a couple different attacks, but a whole different play style.
– The lion gauntlets are called Cestus.
– Enemy AI’s are a lot smarter. Some of the enemies will be “commanders” and control the other grunts.
– Enemies will look different, even if they’re the same type. Like, even though the skeleton soldiers are in the same category, they will have varied looks, so it’s not like everyone looks the same.
– More boss fights than GoW 1, but less than GoW 2.
– No multiplayer.
– Hades boss fight confirmed.
Check back with Everyday Playstation on Friday morning, 9am Pacific time for the first official details of God of War III.